Terms and Conditions
JHS Blinds and Screens Terms and Conditions
1. JHS Blinds & Screens will repair or replace any product that proved defective within the limits of
this warrant at no charge to the customer. This warranty does not apply to any product that has
been subject to misuse, negligence, accidental damage or improper maintenance.
2. If the damage is found to be as a result of normal wear and tear we will quote for the repairs and
obtain the clients approval before proceeding any further
3. Any INTERNAL window covering exceeding 6m2 will not be covered by warranty (excluding timber
illusions which is 4m2). Note that large blinds may bow, cupping can occur and will be hard to
operate. This is not classed as warranty issue and will not be covered.
4. Due to manufacturing processes, and natural variations in colour, grain and texture in the product
supplied, the manufacturer is not able to guarantee exact colour matches on subsequent orders.
This is not covered under this warranty due to these normal variations.
5. JHS Blinds & Screens do not warrant electric motors operated through Home Automation controls
system, such as Somfy. It is essential the control system be correctly designed & installed by
qualified technicians other than contractors supplied by JHS.
6. JHS will at all times endeavour to complete contracts within the specified time frames however
lead times given are only estimated and cannot be guaranteed.
7. Once production of your order has commenced your order cannot be cancelled. If, for any reason,
the order is cancelled, a cancellation fee will occur.
8. If a third party supplier is required for the job to be completed this will be at the customers
expense unless specified on the order/paperwork that the price has been included. JHS will not
warrant any third party installation/products.
9. Electrical connections are not included in a quote for any Motorisation product.
10. This warranty is only valid if the products have been paid for in full.
11. We recommend that any furniture & cots be moved away from window covering cords. Young
children can strangle in the loop of a loose pull cord or chain. Australian Safety Regulations require
the installation & use of safety chain tensioning or cord cleat devices that remove the cord loop or
reduce access to cords, which we install 1600mm higher than floor level.
12. Loose blind cords/chain particularly those with loops are dangerous. JHS installs your custom
made internal window coverings in accordance with National Standards introduced in December
2010. All corded internal window coverings will be installed with a child safety device unless the
cord/chain loops are at least 1600mm above the floor out of reach. If installation of this is refused
JHS Blinds & Screens will remove the product from site. These items will still need to be paid in full. If
above furniture it must be attached regardless of being 1600mm from the floor
13. Pricing can vary if the order is subject to Check Measure
14. All products remain the property of JHS Blinds & Screens until Paid in Full
15. JHS does offer Supply ONLY. In this case, JHS does not take any responsibility for any parts
damaged after products have been delivered or during Installation process, as this is done by
third party (the customer).
16. JHS Blinds and Screens cannot be held responsible if you dislike the colour or the general quality
of the product. Please choose carefully. We do not normally give refunds if you simply change your
mind or make a wrong decision.