Part 4 – How to look towards a brighter future at home during a Pandemic, by De-cluttering your Home.
4. Have a Garage Sale (Make sure it’s COVID SAFE)
When they say “Less is More” these words are quite true. De-cluttering doesn’t need to be painful. We all have some sentimental items that bring value into our lives and just because you want to get rid of old things does not mean you’re getting rid of all the memories they carry.
Here are 5 reasons why de-cluttering can bring many benefits to your life and well-being:
- Less Stress – Clutter is considered negative in Feng Shui because it clogs the natural flow of energy throughout a room.
- Less Mess – The less items you keep the lower the messiness in the house.
- Less Debt – Whether new or old, clutter can be named by unnecessary purchasing as well. So, the lower the spending the more left in your pocket
- Less to organise – Focus your time on other things important rather than spending a whole day to organise what goes where.
- Less to clean – Keep your to do list small and de stress yourself.
Garage sales can be fun and beneficial for both buyers and sellers. They help us economically and environmentally while benefiting both parties. Benefits include:
- Some extra cash in your pocket – Earn some money off the items in your house that were once forgotten. We’re not saying you would be able to pay off the mortgage with this money, but garage sales can definitely kill two birds with one stone.
- Helps the environment – Instead of filling up valuable landfill space with items that you no longer need or want, buyers can recycle old items into things they need for themselves.
- Rewards both the seller and buyer – One’s trash is another’s treasure. Getting rid of something assists in the de-cluttering process for the seller, whilst can be re-used by the buyer.
De-clutter by recycling your Aluminium Blinds!
Firstly, not all Window Blinds can be recycled. If you need help in finding out if your Blinds can be recycled contact us today.
The easiest type to recycle are Aluminium Blinds. These type of Blinds and other metals (such as copper and steel) are among the most recyclable items in your home because there is so much infrastructure in place to handle them. It’s also a very smart thing to do for our environment, as well as putting some cash in your pocket.
So instead of throwing out your old Blinds, (especially Aluminium Venetian Blinds) think twice about the planet and how you can contribute to reducing our greenhouse gas emissions. Plus, get some extra money in your pocket.
We recommend you find a local Scrap Metal Recycling Centre to help you with all your enquiries and services.
We recently came in touch with Worldwide Metal Scrap – a family run business that recycles everything steel from Aluminium to Copper, from Brass to Lead. Give them a call on (02) 8678 1645 or you can visit them at 2/123 Station Road Seven Hills NSW 2147